Sunday 15th March 2020
Venue: St Albans Girls School, Sandbridgebury Lane, St Albans, Herts, AL3 6DB
Sunday 7th June 2020
Venue: Brinsbury Campus, Chichester College, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20 1DL
Beautiful venues with ample parking
Lunch & refreshments provided for all attendees
Course Presenter: Rob Hewings of the UK College of Scent Dogs
- Experienced Trainer and Supporter of Assistance Dogs for PTSD Sufferers
- Lecturer at Bergin University, California, USA. Specialising in Scent Training for Assistance Dogs
- Experienced Dog Handler Instructor with Metropolitan Police Service
- BSc in Canine Behaviour and Training
- MA in Professional Practice Police Dog Training
- Engaged in Doctorate of Professional Practice Service Dog Training Exploring Ambient Scent & Emotional Learning and the use of Assistance Dogs to help with PTSD Sufferers
- Designer of Training Programme for Dogs to Support Sufferers of Night Terrors
- Education Consultant for The International Working Dog Association
- Board Member of Southern Diabetic Retrievers, Louisiana, USA
- Diabetic Alert Dog Trainer
Who is this course for?
- This course is for anybody interested in the training of dogs to support sufferers of PTSD specifically, and for those with a general interest in the role of assisatance Dogs; their training and desired skill-set.
- What is required of a PTSD Assistance Dog?
- Case Studies
- How to Train For Pheremone Discrimination
- Training The Dog to Support Through Night Terrors
- Realistic Training Versus 'Pretend' Training
- Training Techniques, Skills and Methodologies
- Live Training Demonstrations
- Training The Dog To Support Through Daily Anxiety Attacks
- Using Scent Alerts For Early 'Warnings'
All attendees will receive certification upon completion of the course
Places are very limited for this course.
Please book ASAP
For more information on Rob Hewings and The UK College of Scent Dogs, click HERE
Fantastic day. Highly recommended. Very informative about current situation /developments with dogs working with, ptsd sufferers. Absolutely riveting from start to finish. Lots of references for interesting reading that I can’t wait to get stuck into. Information for those wishing to work or assist in this field and just fascinating for scent geeks too. Thanks Rob! Looking forward to receiving copy of pdf notes.
I did Rob's PTSD Course yesterday (12/01/19) in York. Loved every second of it! Rob is incredibly knowledgeable and happy to answer any questions or discuss ideas. Really engaging presenter! I'll definitely be looking to attend all of Rob's courses alongside IMDT courses.
I just did this course with Rob and thought it was fantastic! Really informative and Rob is a great presenter, he was very helpful with how to get into this field and it really shows how dogs are just amazing and how much they can really help people. Highly recommend
Listen to a selection of songs performed by Therapy Dogs - PTSD.