Chichester College, Pullborough, West Sussex, RH20 1DL
Course Presenter: David Brice
Saturday 16th March 2019
Oaklands College, Hertfordshire, AL4 0XS
Sunday 2nd December 2018 FULLY BOOKED
Sunday 10th November 2019
Case Studies - Motivation & Functions of Behaviour
The IMDTB is focused on helping excellent Dog Trainers with their behaviour problem cases, in a way that is responsible and based around sound education principles.
IMDTB courses cover aspects of problem behaviour in detail - including; behavioural diagnosis, treatment, medication and criteria for success on a behaviour by behaviour basis.
IMDTB courses provide high quality education to help dogs and owners with problem behaviour.
1 Day Case Studies – Motivation & Functions of Behaviour:
This one-day seminar explores a number of different cases, focusing on the background, causes, motivations and functions of the behaviours that clients have reported as problematic.
The format for the day is based around guided discussion and a group approach to each case. By approaching the cases in this way, it is hoped that everyone will be able to both input and learn, through discussion and exploration of the specific situations involved in each situation.
The format for each case follows that of the Case Study requirement for Unit 5 of the Level 5 correspondence course – Analysis & Application
After an introductory presentation, for each of the cases we will discuss:
- Background history
- Analysis of the client questionnaire
- Veterinary history and potential effects of disease, injury or medication where applicable
- The aetiology of the behaviour issues as a whole; concentrating on:
- Learning history
- Owner/dog relationships
- Inter-household relationships with other animals
- Motivation for and the function of the behaviour/s
- Timelines of relevant events
- Breed, motor patterns and drive
- Related research and studies
- Approaches to behaviour modification based around:
- Client’s capabilities
- Environmental changes
- Veterinary support
- Modification protocols
- Guidance for the owners
- Follow-up support
No feedback for this course yet.
Listen to a selection of songs performed by Behaviour Case Studies Day.