Code Of EthicsAll Members of The IMDT agree to abide by The IMDT Code of Ethics:
- To train dogs professionally with honesty, integrity and in the best interest of the dog, owner, the public and The IMDT.
- Actively provide and promote force-free training methods and actively reject any methods or equipment that may cause physical or mental discomfort.
- Continue Professional development through books, workshops, courses & seminars.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of clients.
- Carry suitable professional insurance including public liability.
- Members agree to work within their professional limits and agree to refer owners with needs beyond those limits to a suitable professional.
- Provide and promote science based, proven dog training principles to a high, professional standard.
- Avoid positive punishment as a tool for training dogs.
- Accept IMDT Committee decisions as final after appeals process.
- Proactively benefit dogs and dog owners.
- Proactively promote The IMDT.
To become an IMDT Member, please see the 'IMDT Membership